The world of vaping has certainly grown over the years since its inception. From a manufacturer’s standpoint, keeping in the know with the latest trends and market changes is a must. Let’s take a look at these seven statistics on vaping in the UK for World Statistics Day. Statistics offer an intriguing insight into a topic that may give you an idea of where to take your brand next.
1. “The number of vapers globally has increased rapidly from 7 million in 2011, to 41 million in 2018”
It’s estimated by a market research group, that the number of adults who vape will reach almost 55 million by 2021. The demand for vaping has certainly grown and is a mainstay in the market; now’s as good a time as ever to join the vape industry.
2. “The UK is the second-largest market in the world for vape products worth £2.3bn in 2020”
An impressive feat only beaten by the USA, it’s nothing to be sniffed at as those numbers continue to rise.
3. “Global vape market valued at $15bn in 2020 compared to $3bn in 2016”
And this is expected to grow by 28% from 2021 to 2028 as vaping continues to grow popular with smokers. Don’t hesitate if you’re thinking of joining the vape market, now is a great time to get involved and establish your brand.
4. “77% of UK vapers used tanks rather than cartridge/pod devices”
Most UK vapers seem to prefer using refillable tank devices, with only 18% reported using pod systems. Now this has been quite a common theme over the years since the inception of vaping, disposables only becoming recently popular due to a boom, however with our next statistic it seems like the tide could be turning once again.
5. “Open system e-cigarettes are most popular with a market worth of over £10m”
Despite this, closed system kits seem to be catching up slowly but surely, with it estimated that this year there will be an increased spend in closed system kits. It seems more and more likely that there may be an increase in pod systems preference.
6. “In 2021, nearly two-thirds (65%) of those currently vaping nicotine-containing products were using E-Liquids between 1-12mg/ml”
Of these also there were 27% who used 13-20mg/ml strength E-Liquids. This is certainly interesting as it could be suggested many vapers may be moving to using less nicotine. Keep this in mind when deciding on your next E-Liquid, perhaps shortfills will be the way forward, offering vapers more control with their nicotine strength.
7. “In 2021, 95% of smokers and 93% of general population had heard of e-cigarettes”
Vaping has certainly come leaps and bounds in popularity over the last few years. And with more people aware of vaping, the more potential vapers there are out there.
It’s never been a better time to join the vaping market than now. As the market continues to grow, we at Xyfil will be here to help you whether you’re looking to expand your brand with new products or begin your journey into the vaping industry. We hope that some of these facts may have been of interest. Keep in the know with our Info Hub and contact us for more information on how we can help kick-start your business.