What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of Cookies We Collect section.
- What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- If you have completed one of our surveys, we may use your information to contact you regarding your survey submission
- We may use the information to improve our services
- If you have opted-in to receive marketing communications, we may periodically send marketing emails about new services, offers or other company or industry information which we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information remains secure and confidential at all times. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have enforced suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also will never share the information we collect with any third parties.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Xyfil may place a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. This cookie does not collect information that personally identifies you as an individual (other than your Internet protocol address), but rather allows us to recognize your repeated visits to xyfil.com. We use our cookie collected information to make your visit more enjoyable and improve our services provided. You can choose to accept or decline cookies, but please remember that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of Xyfil.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, we will provide you with an option to opt-in to receive marketing communications. If you do not wish for your contact information to be used for marketing communications, please leave this box unticked.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have opted-in to receive marketing communications, we may occasionally send you promotional information about third parties if we think you may find the information interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store:
Cookie Expiration Time Country
_ga 2 years Used to distinguish users for Google analytics
_gid 24 hours Used to distinguish users for Google Analytics
_gat 1 minute Used to throttle request rate of Google Analytics cookies
Who we are
Our website address is: https://xyfil.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements