MAKING THE COMPLEX SIMPLE.
Our TPD compliance analysis begins with sample submissions which are then taken through the analytical process before we compile a technical dossier for submission. If your liquid needs modifying to ensure compliance, we can do this in our specialist flavour laboratory.
Compliance analysis includes comprehensive emissions testing, toxicological and safety analysis and metals testing for hardware. We can provide compliance assessments for liquids or devices. If you only require a specific part of the compliance service, we are also able to offer individual components.
Primary Requirements of TPD
- Manufacturers and importers must submit a technical dossier to the relevant authorities (MHRA for the UK) for each product
- Nicotine-containing liquids must have a maximum strength of 20mg/ml
- Liquids must be free from CRM (carinogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic) ingredients and respiratory irritants
- Liquids must not contain any vitamins, minerals or stimulants (e.g. caffeine, taurine, etc.)
- Bottle must drop less than 20 drops per minute when inverted
- USP/EP grade nicotine, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine must be used
- Compounds appearing above 0.1% must be listed in the ingredients panel on packaging
- Full toxicological assessment of compounds present in the e-liquid and its emissions is required
- Refill bottles are limited to 10 ml and pre-filled refill tanks and cartridges are limited to 2 ml
- Primary material used for refill bottles should be recyclable PET type 1 plastic
- Advertising is heavily restricted
- Cross-border sale restrictions may apply
- Retailers and manufacturers must share market data and trends with the competent authority
- Where sufficient robust data becomes available, member states may effectively ban individual products